China phone manufacturer Xiaomi sells 500,000 phones in 72 hours during Indian Diwali festive season sale through online portals in India07 Oct 2016
News Accessed From :
News Accessed On : 7th October 2016
Excerpts from the report:
- Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi claimed to have sold over half a million smartphones in India in 72 hours owing to the festive sales being run by e-commerce firms such as Amazon India, Flipkart and Snapdeal
- During the sale period Xiaomi sold two phones every second!
- Xiaomi took 30 days to sell half a million phones during the last festive season
- This season Xiaomi geared up with higher stock and timed new product launches prior to the festive season
- Xiaomi has claimed being currently out of stock for most of its products!
- The company is working towards making more stock available as the Diwali festive season is expected to further pick up over the next couple of weeks
- Top e-commerce firms like Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal have claimed record sales from promotional festive sales organized
- Flipkart claimed to have sold over a million products within an hour on the first day of its flagship Big Billion Days sales event recently
- Amazon India claims to receive a billion hits in the first 14 hours of the first day of its sale and was able to close sales of more than 100,000 units in the first half-hour of the first day!
- Xiaomi, one of the fastest growing smartphone makers in the world, is working to balance its loss of leadership position in China
Follow this link to read more: